Get a Visitor Record to Extend Your Stay in Canada

Get a Visitor Record to Extend Your Stay in Canada

Canada is one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in the world, attracting millions of tourists from all over the globe every year. If you, as a tourist, wish to extend your stay in this captivating country, you need to obtain a document called the "Visitor Record." This permit allows you to remain in Canada for a longer period. This comprehensive guide provides you with all the necessary information, including the requirements, documents needed, and the application process for obtaining a Visitor Record.

Canada is one of the most beautiful and popular tourist destinations in the world. Millions of tourists and visitors from all over the world enter Canadian soil every year to see the natural and cultural attractions of this vast country. To enter Canada as a visitor or tourist, you must use one of the following valid documents:

  1. Visitor Visa (also known as a Temporary Resident Visa)
  2. Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) required for citizens of many countries
  3. Valid passport or travel document

These documents allow you to stay in Canada for a limited and specified period of time. But what happens if you, as a tourist, want to extend your stay in this beautiful country? In this case, you must obtain a document called a Visitor Record.

A Visitor Record is not a visa or a permit to enter Canada. Rather, it is a document that allows you, as a visitor, to stay in Canada for a longer period. This document includes a "new expiry date" indicating the date by which you must ultimately leave Canada.

If you have entered Canada with a visitor visa and are studying but do not have a study permit, or if you want to extend your stay in Canada for any other reason, you can apply for a Visitor Record.

Please note that you must apply for a Visitor Record before the end of the 6-month period of your current visitor status. It's crucial to understand that a Visitor Record cannot be used as a permit for re-entering Canada. This document is only valid for use within Canadian soil, and if you leave Canada, you will need a valid visa or eTA to return to the country.

Therefore, if you plan to temporarily travel outside of Canada, the Visitor Record does not guarantee your re-entry, and you must enter Canada with a valid visitor visa or eTA.

For more information on obtaining a Visitor Record, the required conditions and documents, fees, and the application process, you can contact the experienced immigration specialists at Aminpardaz International. They can provide you with the necessary guidance in this regard.

Get Free Consultation
Please click on the button below to schedule a free telephone consultation.